Saturday, April 30, 2016

The Be a Baby Challenge - IBMC #09

I remember vividly, how did I feel first few months after marriage. New home, new family members, new habits, new culture... everything was new and different to me. I was a loner since childhood and I would even like to take my morning tea alone on terrace. But my whole world went upside down after marriage. I was never a family kinda girl. My parents were professionals and I had almost spent my days reading, writing and talking to myself so living in a joint family was most alien thing I had ever imagined.

In beginning, everything irritated me, and I hated every moment spent at home. But slowly, I observed their food habits, life style etc. and I tried to cooperate. And I didn't face problems in learning new lifestyle because my husband's family was always cooperative and generous. I also understood the nature and psyche of all members. They were nice and had their own mind-sets. I knew they are also trying hard to accept a new member in their family. Its not easy for them either. So, our ties became more stronger.


I realized I can't get the same lifestyle after marriage. Their lives have changed too. I have to look at everything with fresh perspective and ready to accept them as they are. I also learnt that I am not a bad cook. Lol.


After marriage, settling in a new home with new family members, is like a new birth for a girl. She learns everything from scratch, even she wakes up,  eats and sleeps at their time. But once she learns to find balance, makes herself flexible, opens up to new challenges, she becomes a whole new world in herself.


                                                   9

#This post is written for the prompt - The Be a Baby Challenge (IBMC)

2 comments:

  1. Nice dedication to the family. Very much agree to the last sentence! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and so true.. a life of a girl takes a totally different direction the moment she gets married and join a new family.. the routine, behavior and sometimes the likings too..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...